NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic - here's the best deals at the moment:
- Gearbest: Flash sale for $189
- Banggood Store: Take off $20 with coupon bd5cc5
- Amazon USA - $30 instant discount coupon
[6th Nov 18] The NEW recently released JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400! Print quality is better than A5 out of the box.
Click here to check out this deal!

I'm searching for JGAURORA A8 firmware

suddenly my 3D printer stopped working and the control screen turned blank, and the bed is just moving downward, and i think its an issue with the firmware, i searched a lot for my JGAURORA A8 firmware but noway
can i a have help in how to find it in english

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Administrator Posts: 1,623
    I’m sorry, you will need to contact JGAurora first. I don’t have any firmware for the A8 yet.
  • RichardRichard Member Posts: 16
    I Just got the A8S. Looking for the firmware as well. 
    @Richard - I think the A8 and A8S use very different firmwares, but again, I suggest you contact JGAurora for the latest firmware updates directly.
    Anyone have profiles for simplify3D for the A8S?
    I'm kind of saddened I purchased this machine. It's great quality, accurate, but I just find there isn't much support for it.
    @Richard - it certainly looks like a beautiful machine, but the price I think makes it inaccessible to most hobbyists. Are there areas you think it needs to be improved? What kind of support would you like to see more of - anything in particular? e.g. tutorials, repair guides, mods, upgrades etc.
    its mostly upgrades and mods I'm interested in. I see all the printers available and the upgrades people are doing to them, because they have access to firmware. JGAurora doesn't seem to be eager to release firmware, which is another thing I don't understand as it is free software. JGAurora doesn't own it. I cant even hook up octoprint to it, or add auto bed levelling. theres a little problem I have with the machine, and that is when you turn on the unit, the cabinet fans come on right away, and the lights are off, I would like it the other way around and have the lights come on, and the fans to be off...there are switches for these on the front panel, but its little fixes like this that I should be able to change. Very frustrating. if I email JGAurora, all they reply is sorry for the inconvenience.
    What it really comes down to, is the fact that its not a mainstream machine. Theres no aftermarket upgrades or parts to speak of, and feels like I'm tied to JGAurora, in which they are absolutely no help in this area.
    Hi Richard,

It's really a shame - a loss for you in functionality, and a loss for JGAurora in sales. I don't think they understand the importance of firmware to their customer base, and the A8 could have been a more popular high-end pro model if they had engaged with the community.

It's so confusing for me. I have demonstrated that anyone with time and effort can reverse engineer a marlin based motherboard, now for the Z603S, the A5/A3S, and now the A5S/A1. The same also applies to the A8 and the newly released JGMaker magic. I have asked them for the source code to the Maker Magic, and they told me "maybe later, it is not ready for release yet", which is complete rubbish, since they have released the product for sale already several months ago.

I sympathize with you Richard, I really do.
    If you get a chance, can you please send me a photo of the motherboard? I'd be curious to see what board it uses, and that might even open up some new ideas for discussion.

Kind regards,
    Sam
    Ok, I'll do that. they claim it's their own design. Maybe that's why they feel they don't need to release the firmware. But you are right, Creality has done it right with having their source code available to the community. It can only get better in my opinion. 

Richard 
    Type your commentimageimageimage
    hereimage
    here are some pics Sam. Hope they help you.

Richard
    Some more. 
    93D5E7EB-B763-49E3-BC86-70E7BD626D5D.jpeg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    And another. 

It looks to me like the A8S has the same board as the A7. 
    Do you know off hand if the A7 is a double extruder?
    Nope, it's just a single extruder.
    This is the motherboard from the A7 - it is the same! There are 7 stepper drivers - my understanding is, 2 motors (pre-feed and post-feed), 3 for active bed z levelling, and 2 for x and y.

Does the A7 have dual extruders?
    I looked online, and it looks like the A9 has the same motherboard as well. I haven’t seen firmware for the A7 either. Do you have the A7?
    The A8S doesn’t utilize the three Z motors. Would be interesting to figure out how to adopt it. 
    No, I don’t have any of their commercial grade printers, I only have the Z-603S.