Flexible with Magic?

PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 6Member
Does anyone know if you can print flexibles with the Magic?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,597Administrator
    edited May 14
    Welcome @PrintBig - you probably can, but you need to print very slowly with flexibles, and turn off retraction in your slicer. The bowden tube on the JGMaker magic will make it better than most. I wouldn't try super super(wet noodle) flexible filaments, but TPU should be doable.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 6Member
    Thank you Samuel. I’m definitely gonna try it. I’ll post my results when I tackle it.
  • PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 6Member
    You mentioned the Bowden tube... I recently upgraded to Capricorn. I heard it was better for filaments so I didn’t wait.
  • sirhcwolfsirhcwolf Posts: 7Member
    Any luck so far?
  • FunInAlaskaFunInAlaska Posts: 15Member
    Not sure about the original poster of this thread, but I picked up a couple sample packs (50g) of a brand of TPU called FLexi and I gave it a shot. It worjks, but you have to slow it down to a near crawl. I was having success at around 15-20mm/s faster than that and it just strings all over the place and doesn't actually lay much down. The only things I have attempted are single simple body objects with no need to travel much at all so I cant speak to more elaborate prints. But Yes it does work it will just involve a lot of trial and error of your printer.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • patrickbrpatrickbr Posts: 2Member
    I Printed PETG with JGmagic, but had lots of strings, just at "vase mode" I got better results, and using noozzle at 245Cº and table at 60Cº.