Bed leveling

PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 6Member
Does the Magic allow for bed probing and or auto bed leveling upgrades? Is there a list of upgrades that the Magic doesn’t allow?

Also, I keep getting a missed layer at the SAME exact layer every single test cube I print. EVERY SINGLE time. I’ve researched and adjusted every setting I know of. I know I’m missing something. I’ve seen a ton of videos that say a direct exctrusion drive will fix this... from the videos and info that I’ve read, I’m not entirely convinced. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you all.

Comments

• PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 6Member
    Oh and... is there a dual hot end upgrade?
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,597Administrator
    edited May 17
    Hi @PrintBig - there is no possibility to add a levelling probe with the stock JGMaker magic motherboard. The motherboard needs to be replaced if you want to do that. This is because the stock motherboard does not have any expansion ports or extra features that are not already used. Again, dual extrusion is not possible on this printer without significant modification. I do not recommend the Magic as a platform for upgrades - it is better to use it, to help you make your next dream 3D printer, like a hypercube or voron perhaps :smiley:

Regarding the layer shift, I don't think a direct drive will fix it. There's a couple of reasons why layer shifts may occur, such as the nozzle catching on the print at some point. Maybe you can watch it while it prints and try to video the problem?

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on