JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion

NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!

JGAURORA A5S Deals

[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!

Kit won't turn on

I assembled the a3 kit Prusa i3 from JGAURORA in about 15-16 hours. Everything was pretty much consistent with the installation videos except one major thing. The video talks and shows two red cables that are installed in the plus (+) power slot on the main board. However, my kit didn't contain any cables that looked like these besides the ones that heat up the nozzle but those go in the E0 slot. I guessed that I would have to put the red + black cable from the power supply in that power slot, but the next instruction was to tie up the red + black cable with the LCD screen cables in the minus (-) power slot. I did that and completed the build, but my printer wont turn on (screen not lighting up). I tried switching around the power cables and changing my voltage to 220V but all I get is a high pitched noise but no visual feedback. Wondering if the missing cables are the problem, or I should just put the red side of the red + black cable in the plus (+) slot. Or are there any other options? 

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 1,884Administrator
    If I read correctly YES the red goes in plus and the black goes in minus. Otherwise you are short circuiting the power supply if both are in the same socket!!!
    edited July 2018
    Once you have it wired correctly, please let us know if it works then.

Do you have a multimeter? I would check the output from the power supply, check that it is sending the correct voltage to your motherboard.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • TheD_octorTheD_octor Posts: 2Member
    Yes, separating the red and black wires did the job. Thanks for your help. 
    Glad to hear it  :) happy printing!