JGAurora A5 on sale under $290 - Click here to check out this deal!

JGAurora A5X - What are the difference between this one and the A5?

Hi, I'm interesting to buy a JGAurora A5X but it's very difficult to find resources for this model (e.g. Marlin files). Do you know what are the difference between this one and the JGAurora A5? Because on JGAurora A5 it's possible to find some resources. About Marlin firmware: here I found the Sam Pinches's "Configuration.h" and "Configuration_adv.h" files (for Marlin 1.1.9).

It's seam that: the rotation direction of the steppers motors are not the same, there is no dual Z stepper-motors on A5 (dual drivers and dual end-stops)... of-course dimensions are not the same, but what more?...

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Administrator Posts: 957
    edited October 29
    Hi StephR,

I'm in the process of updating the forum and wiki with the models that have been released in the last two months.

The A5X is one of those - unfortunately, I don't have one, so I don't have much I can say except what I have heard. The A5X does not seem to be actively promoted by JGAurora, so I don't know that I would recommend it over the A5 or the more recent (but internally very different) A5S and A1 printers.

The A5 has dual z steppers, but they are connected to one stepper driver.

The main motherboard and LCD module should be the same between them. I think you've highlighted the main differences - endstop positions, stepper driver configuration, dimensions, motor direction. Perhaps also steps per mm for the lead screws?

If you do manage to get a working firmware, it would great if we could share that on the wiki too! You could also ask JGAurora for the A5X marlin firmware, as it is open source, so they are supposed to share it.

Cheers,
    Sam
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • StephRStephR Member Posts: 7
    A french owner of A5X has contacted JGAurora for the Marlin firmware. But JGAurora sent him encrypted files (Configuration.h file was decrypted)... So this guy try to recontact them in order to have decrypted files (Configuration_adv.h) they said:
    > Hi,
    > Thank you for email.
    > The file need decode.
    > So we can't provide the Marline file for you.
    > It is company secret .
    > So i wish you to have a good understanding.
    > Thanks 

Strange isn't it?

edited October 29
    Far out, I thought we had passed all this. They are quite acutely aware of their obligations under the GPL, this is wilful... are you able to ask the french owner for a copy of the files? I would be interested to have a look, encrypted or not :sweat_smile:
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    (It's a french forum about 3D printers)

In fact, after discussion with A5X owner: as the A5 the A5X has dual z steppers, but they are connected to one stepper driver...
    >> In fact, after discussion with A5X owner: as the A5 the A5X has dual z steppers, but they are connected to one stepper driver...
    The guy has publihed pictures about electronics cards this printer (in the same french forum) and we can observed 5 drivers. So I can affirm today that there is 2 drivers for dual X steppers...
    I contact JGAurora and they sent me a ZIP archive with Marlin encrypted files: link here (available until 13/12/2018) Have you got an idea of the problem? (Maybe is due to charset?)

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches