[20th Mar 2018] Take $10 off any $200 or more JGAURORA purchase on Gearbest! Use coupon GBLIVE31902 , and click here.

[4th Dec 18] JGAurora A5 Euro buyers: A5 in stock in Gearbest Europe shipping from Czech Republic.

Use coupon GBJKA5 to bring the price under $280, and click here to buy!

Also available from their Spain warehouse - buy here.
[6th Nov 18] The NEW recently released JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400! Print quality is better than A5 out of the box.
Click here to check out this deal!

New JGAurora A1 Owner

Richy_TRichy_T 🌟 Super Member 🌟 Posts: 77
I finally bought the a new A1 a couple of weeks ago. It's been a hectic Christmas but I finally got it all put together today and I'm doing a test print of the little Buddha guy that came on the SD card.

Time to interject a little backstory. I bought a Printrbot LC V2 5 or 6 years ago but have never been 100% happy with the prints and would often run into issues with the build area. Though it was fun and I produced quite a few useful prints, it was time to upgrade. I have had my eye on an A5 for a while but recently noticed Samuel's videos about the A5S and A1 on YouTube. The thicker steel of the A1 was appealing to me and with a bit of searching, I was finally able to find it for the right price.

Previously, I have done a lot of my work in ABS but a fair amount also in PLA. I have had a lot of luck printing with high bed temperatures on kapton tape for ABS and on blue painter's tape for PLA. I tried TPE with no luck, partly I think, because of the way the filament feeds in on the Printrbot but also, I'm beginning to think, because I needed to slow down my extrusion. I do nearly all my design in OpenSCAD since I find it makes it easy to get precise dimensions and I am familiar with CSG from playing with POV-Ray. My control software has been Repetier Host using Slic3r (the Printrbot has no control panel) with direct USB printing (which has cost me a couple of prints). It will be interesting to see how my flow changes with the A1.

I have a few things on Thingiverse of various complexity. https://www.thingiverse.com/Richy_T/designs

Comments

• rgstoneinscrgstoneinsc Member Posts: 4
    I too am interested in an A1.......your post seemed to focus on another printer......have you now enough experience to have an opinion about the A1 regarding the various filaments you have tried?