[4th Dec 18] JGAurora A5 Euro buyers: A5 in stock in Gearbest Europe shipping from Czech Republic.

Use coupon GBJKA5 to bring the price under $280, and click here to buy!

Also available from their Spain warehouse - buy here.
[6th Nov 18] The NEW recently released JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400! Print quality is better than A5 out of the box.
Click here to check out this deal!

Cannot print of SD card

Hi I just recently got my Jg Aurora A5S and it will not print off an SD card. I have successfully printed while connected to my computer but if I slice a model in Cura or Jgcreat then send it to my SD card it will not work. My printer will register the SD card and I can click my file and the screen will change to the printing page as if it’s about to start printing. But it will not move at all even when the extruder and build plate have come up to temperature. I have tried different slicing softwares and different SD cards but I am only successful through connect right into my computer. And my computer will only register that a printer is connected in Jgcreat not Cura.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 1,136Administrator (absent until February)
    @Zane welcome!

You can try printing using Pronterface.

Otherwise, I recommend to contact JGaurora

Cheers,
    Sam

• Richy_TRichy_T Posts: 26Member
    edited January 6
    Try a different SD card. I was having the same thing and then the card corrupted, needing a reformat. I tried a different card and no issues at all.

For what it's worth, I had no luck printing from Cura. It would heat and then print about 50mm on the bed then stop. I was using an overly-long cable though.
    Post edited by Richy_T on
  • ZaneZane Posts: 2Member
    I actually have tried a brand new SD card however when I load a file and insert it into the printer nothing comes up.
    When I press the print button it opens up the SD card but it’s show that it is empty
    But when I plug it back into my printer it shows that there is indeed still a file on there.

Any thoughts?