JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion

NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!

JGAURORA A5S Deals

[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!

Hot End Upgrade

I got my Z-603s about a month ago and I couldn’t be happier with it. The prints are coming out beautifully.

I am interested in upgrading the hot end to something hardened, but I haven’t found much info on the stock nozzel specs. I’d like to play around with printing NylonX (I’ve had alot of success with Nylon 645) but I want to make sure my nozzle can withstand the abrassion. 

Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with this?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 1,897Administrator
    edited January 19
    Hi @Pacha - welcome! The Z-603S is a pretty great machine, I love mine.

You can buy both hardened steel nozzles, and also tungsten nozzles. The Z-603S uses standard E3D v6 compatible nozzles. You may have to move the z-endstop lower though to reset your correct nozzle height, as the nozzles are slightly longer.

I bought a tungsten nozzle for mine that I purchased from a kickstarter project.

Just be careful not to heat hotter than 245C, because of the damage to the PTFE (teflon) tubing in the hotend which then breaks down to release toxic gases when it is overheated.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on