[4th Dec 18] JGAurora A5 Euro buyers: A5 in stock in Gearbest Europe shipping from Czech Republic.

Use coupon GBJKA5 to bring the price under $280, and click here to buy!

Also available from their Spain warehouse - buy here.
[6th Nov 18] The NEW recently released JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400! Print quality is better than A5 out of the box.
Click here to check out this deal!

Upgrade b earings for x and y axis

Dear Forum
I received the better bearings by AliExpress 
Do you know a tutorial for  mounting these bearings?
Thank you for your advice
Greetings
Peter

Comments

• Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 93🌟 Super Member 🌟
    There is a Video from Dahai on Youtube, you have to demount pritty much for that. I will do the same when the last bearing is here.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • ufodoctor3ufodoctor3 Posts: 10Member
    Dear Samuel
    Thank you for your answer.
    Could you please tell me where I can find the Video from Dahai?
    I have measured the friction of the AliExpress long lateral ball bearing on a polsihed Axis of 6 +0/-0.02 mm, it is about 50 Gramm (0.5N) at start and about 25 Gramm (0.025 N) if already moving. The step motor for the x-Axis generates a force of about 1.6 kg (16 N), at 17 N rattering! Thus there is a safety factor of 32, looks ok! But tomorrow I go to the SKF-Shop to ask, if Swiss bearings are better with expected higher price Kind regards Peter

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 1,235Administrator
    Hi Peter,
    Der_Muck is not Samuel - I am Samuel :tongue:

I just was saying thanks to @Der_Muck for the helpful comment - this is why he is a Super Member! :wink:

I'm not sure of which video Der_Muck is referring to.

There is a button to say thank you to helpful posts here:

Thanked by 1ufodoctor3
  • Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 93🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited February 4
     :D  Year me is me and Samuel is Samuel   :D :D
    The all about the Z axis should help with the X bearing demount. 
    The Y bearing is simple, just demount the 3 screws of each aluminium rail that holds the Y axis and loose the screws of the hot bed. Loose the connection to the hotbed and you should be able to get the bearings out.

I bought the fushi once and they seems to be very good in quality. SKF produce bearings also in china, so they where only good in the old times, they lost most of the old quality as i saw.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Post edited by Der_Muck on