Small milestone - we passed 300,000 pageviews on the forum today (16th Sept)! 😁 P.S if you are not aware we're running a competition in the facebook group. Head over here to enter, if you haven't already! Ends Sun 22nd Sept!

JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion

NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!

JGAURORA A5S Deals

[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!

Filament broken in tube, how do i get it out?

Filament broken in the tube that feeds the extruder, how do I get it out?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,060Administrator
    On each end of the bowden tube there are pneumatic connectors that hold the bowden tube (PTFE tube) in place. You can press the black ring down, and this will release the PTFE tube. Then you can slide out the tube and remove the broken filament. Or you could feed new filament in and extrude all the old filament out...
  • wlaubachwlaubach Posts: 7Member
    Don't see a black ring, I have A5S,  there is a nut on the end of the tube at each end. Can I just loosen that and remove the tube? Tried feeding in new filament does not do anything except stop half way in the tube.
  • wlaubachwlaubach Posts: 7Member
    i was able to turn nut and get the tube out and clear the broken filament
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,060Administrator
    Glad to hear you got it sorted. Would you mind posting a photo? It sounds like a different kind of connector perhaps?