JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion

NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!

JGAURORA A5S Deals

[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!

Strange Y-Axis behaviour after TMC2130 upgrade

Hello everybody,
I'm new to the JGaurora community and hope you can help me!
I recently upgraded my A5 with the FYSETC TMC2130 and followed the instructions from the wiki (videos and written). I do not use the sensorless homing and therefore skipped that part. The SPI functions via serial monitor seem to work fine. The X and Z axis behave normal but the Y axis seems to do twice as many steps (1cm becomes 2cm when moving through the LCD screen commands). Does anyone have an idea how to proceed? Thanks!

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 1,983Administrator
    Depends on what has gone wrong
    - did you change the jumpers under the stepper socket?
    - can you change the steps per mm in the firmware?
  • blindidiotscoutblindidiotscout Posts: 3Member
    Thank you for the reply! The problem vanished once I updated the firmware to Marlin 1.1.9c and  followed your tutorial. I do have very hot step motors though. I adjusted the Vref according to your tutorial (power supply on, step motor cables unpluged) and left the currents as they were in (800mA) in Marlin. Any idea what to do? Cheers
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 1,983Administrator
    If the motors are too hot (try measure the temperature with an IR temperature gun) then you may need to turn down the currents. The tutorial on the wiki is actually not mine, it was kindly written by another member on the forum. I don't use TMC myself.