Small milestone - we passed 300,000 pageviews on the forum today (16th Sept)! 😁 P.S if you are not aware we're running a competition in the facebook group. Head over here to enter, if you haven't already! Ends Sun 22nd Sept!

JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion

NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!

JGAURORA A5S Deals

[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!

Real maximum size

Hello

I´ve been trying the printer (A5) and the software Cura and I´ve realized that, if you place a object with the maximun printable size, Cura is not able to slice it.
The object appears in grey and a message with the text:
"Unable to slice. Nothing to slice because none of the models fit the build volume. Please scale or rotate models to fit."
I tried to scale the object and, when the size on X and Y was 288.6 mm, the object turned to yelloy and the slicing is possible.
Is that actually the real maximum printing size?
Or should I revise my printer settings?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,060Administrator
    Don't forget about the brim or skirt around your print, this will increase the actual print size on the bed.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,060Administrator
    Maybe this is worth reading too:
    https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/3365
  • monicacomonicaco Posts: 4Member
    Thank you Samuel.
    You were right, I´ve deactivate the skirt and the object can be sliced.
    :-)
  • Richy_TRichy_T Posts: 113🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited February 7
    I wish there was a "purge nozzle" option other than skirt or brim. I guess some custom gcode would do it. It looks like slic3r prusa edition has it but I see some complaints about it.
    Post edited by Richy_T on
  • TouliloupTouliloup Posts: 1Member
    You can find the gcode with purge on jgaurorawiki 
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches