[20th Mar 2018] Take $10 off any $200 or more JGAURORA purchase on Gearbest! Use coupon GBLIVE31902 , and click here.

[4th Dec 18] JGAurora A5 Euro buyers: A5 in stock in Gearbest Europe shipping from Czech Republic.

Use coupon GBJKA5 to bring the price under $280, and click here to buy!

Also available from their Spain warehouse - buy here.
[6th Nov 18] The NEW recently released JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400! Print quality is better than A5 out of the box.
Click here to check out this deal!

Part cooling fan not turning ON with Cura 4.0?

Anyone else have this issue?

Fan seem to work fine with S3D...

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Administrator Posts: 1,536
    Have you compared the gcode from both? Have a search for M106 (fan on) and M107 (fan off) and see what you find in each file.
  • chilman408chilman408 Member Posts: 12
    Yes, M106 is in both gcodes...only difference is S3D starts with M106 S255 then turns it down...

Let me do some digging
    Fans often need a blip at 100% before they will start spinning. If you’re trying to run at 20% speed or similar that is likely to be the problem.
    Which firmware are you using?
    I haven't upgraded the firmware so original...

Is there a way to blip the fan at 100% in Cura?

I tried adding to the starting gcode, doesnt work
    edited March 25
    Probably is, but not that I know of. There is a feature in the firmware to do a blip automatically but I can’t remember if we enabled it.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    So I ended up enabling M106 S255 at the start script and then define the minimum fan speed as 30% in Cura settings.  Looks to be working fine.