[20th Mar 2018] Take $10 off any $200 or more JGAURORA purchase on Gearbest! Use coupon GBLIVE31902 , and click here.

[4th Dec 18] JGAurora A5 Euro buyers: A5 in stock in Gearbest Europe shipping from Czech Republic.

Use coupon GBJKA5 to bring the price under $280, and click here to buy!

Also available from their Spain warehouse - buy here.
[6th Nov 18] The NEW recently released JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400! Print quality is better than A5 out of the box.
Click here to check out this deal!

Problem with my Z axis

Today I noticed that my Z axis is not functioning correctly. I connected my printer to Simplify 3D heated the extruder and then tried to raise the extruded on the z axis, but it would not move. The motors are spinning and so are the rods, yet for some reason the extruded wont raise on the z axis. I then decided to home the printer and everything seems to be functioning, the printer moves on all axis and even raises and lowers on the z axis in order to home itself. However every time I attempt to raise the z axis using the jog commands on simplify 3D i still have the same issue. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Please and thank you. 

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Administrator Posts: 1,536
    I don't understand ... the z motor is spinning, the couplers are spinning, the rods are spinning, but the gantry isn't lifting? 
  • Laser8302Laser8302 Member Posts: 20
    Check your step size you are commanding on the z-axis would be my first though. If you are only moving it 0.01mm you won't see much movement. You say it moves up and down when you send the HOME command? Are you able to use the LCD to move the gantry up and down?
  • eddymcflyeddymcfly Member Posts: 6
    Correct everything spins but the gantry wont lift. I am also able to use the LCD to move the gantry, and I even went as far as running a test print and everything worked as normal. I then tried to raise the gantry up again using the jog controls on simplify 3D, but I was still having the same issue. The rods and motors would sping but the gentry would not lift, I just don’t understand it. 
  • cs2000cs2000 🌟 Super Member 🌟 Posts: 32
    Theirs literally no way that can happen. The lead screws go through a brass bushing on either side of the gantry with a thread in them. If you’ve verified the gantry does go up and down it means they’re meshing ok and the threads haven’t been ruined , any program that spins the steppers will raise and lower the gantry. A motor spinning is a motor spinning, doesn’t matter what told it to spin, the action is the same
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Administrator Posts: 1,536
    I think we're going to need a video to understand the issue...