NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic - here's the best deals at the moment:
- Gearbest: Flash sale for $189
- Banggood Store: Take off $20 with coupon bd5cc5
- Amazon USA - $30 instant discount coupon
[6th Nov 18] The NEW recently released JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400! Print quality is better than A5 out of the box.
Click here to check out this deal!

JGAURORA A5S sensor error

CoaleyDCoaleyD Member, Active Member Posts: 3
Hey everyone,
I just got my JGAURORA A5S today, spent the last couple hours trying to get it set up, but when it comes to the heat portion of the setup process I get an error: EXTU1 Sensor Error
I read online to download Pronterface to find out more about the problem, Pronterface is giving me this: RECV: #1sensor error

Anything that can help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Administrator Posts: 1,618
    Welcome @CoaleyD !
    Those errors from the factory firmware can certainly be a little cryptic! I think EXTU1 is the extruder nozzle temperature sensor.
    This sounds like an error with the thermistor (temperature sensor) - it sounds like there may be a break in the connection somewhere between the nozzle temperature sensor, and the motherboard connection.
    I would first suggest to double check all the connectors in the side are firmly plugged in.
  • CoaleyDCoaleyD Member, Active Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply!

I've checked, and double checked that the connectors are firmly in, as far as I can tell they're as firm as firm can be.
    Is there a next step after that?
    edited April 23
    If you just got the printer, I'm hesitant to start telling you to have to take it all apart again! :(

If you have a multimeter, you can test the hot end thermistor.

On the side of the printer you will see the plugs:

If you unplug the bottom one, the thermistor is then no longer connected to the main motherboard. You can then measure the resistance of the pins for the Hot End Thermistor, and you should see a resistance of ~100k.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • CoaleyDCoaleyD Member, Active Member Posts: 3
    Unfortunately, I don't have a multimeter handy, but I'll run by the store tomorrow to pick one up. I'd love to get it figured out, I'm excited to start printing

Thanks for the help, I'll check back in tomorrow
    edited April 23
    Don't spend too much  ;) - any basic multimeter will do for this job, but you might even have a friend who can lend you one for a day!

If you want to get a good one, I've linked some excellent value multimeters with heaps of features on the wiki page here - they are under $25 on amazon.
    Good luck! :smile:

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on