JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion

NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!

JGAURORA A5S Deals

[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!

Strange knocking sound from extruder carriage when printing

Hi !
After successfully fixing the problem with overheating of the extruder motor another problem appeared.
There is a strange knocking sound coming from the extruder carriage during printing. See the video.

It is a new printer. Is it possible the problem to be in the linear bearings of X axis ? 

I lowered the printing acceleration to 750 and travel acceleration to 800. Print speed 50 mm/s. Travel speed 80 mm/s.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 1,897Administrator
    I would suggest to check things like the grub screws on the motor pulleys... could be a bearing, but could also be something else.
  • valiobgvaliobg Posts: 11Member
    Problem solved !!! It was the Hybrid Threshold settings for the TMC2208. They were set to X70 and Y70 mm/s in firmware. I used M913 X120 Y100 command in the start script and now the knocking sound is gone. It was produced when the motor is switched to SpreadCycle.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 1,897Administrator
    @valiobg great - thank you for coming back to post the solution :smiley: