JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion

NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!

JGAURORA A5S Deals

[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!

Bed will not go home, loud noise y axis will not stop.

Printer won't stop in the y axis when sending home. won't print. 

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 1,884Administrator
    edited May 2
    Welcome @rafi1971

it sounds like your y axis endstop is not working. Please download pronterface ( https://www.pronterface.com/ ) and connect to the printer. Then, in the command line input on the right side of the window, please send command M119. This will report back the status of the endstops. Then you can move the bed manually so that the y endstop is pressed, and you can send M119 again to see if the printer has detected the endstop is pressed. I suspect not, which could indicate a loose y-endstop cable, or a faulty y-endstop. 

Cheers,
    Sam
    Thanked by 1rafi1971
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • ImagineThatImagineThat Posts: 1Member
    I have the same issue, for me I think it's the motor itself as I replaced the switch, my bed moves but it doesn't move in a fixed direction from the touchscreen and when it goes to print it doesn't home the Y at all, I was at the point of installing a max and min limit switch then rewriting the firmware to recognize the two points to prevent it, but I'm going to change the motor first and hope for the best.