JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion

NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!

JGAURORA A5S Deals

[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!

A5S Z axis Uneven gantry operation

Type My A5S is new and came in the box knocked about, I have it all set up correctly now but as soon as I try to home the Z axis or move the gantry down it comes down uneven and starts a loud grinding noise and stops.

I have taken out the whole left hand side motors and screw and put it back together, have tried to adjust the screw and it will not come down level and jams. what can I do?

Cheers Bernie

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 1,897Administrator
    edited May 13
    Welcome Bernie! The lead screws probably need some lubrication. You can remove the old gunk with a rag and ethanol, and then replace the lubricant with a better option.

Please see here:
    Https://jgaurorawiki.com/printer-lubrication
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Also inspect the motor couplers, make sure they are installed straight and are not bent or stretched.
    You may also like to search on the forum for similar issues, e.g.

https://jgauroraforum.com/discussion/289/problem-with-z-axis
  • BernieBernie Posts: 2Member
    Hi Samuel, it isn't a lubrication problem and the couplers are fine and straight, I have checked the screws. It is a brand new 3D printer and I haven't  a print on it. I have checked the Y and X axis's and they work. I Looked at the Z-Axis discussion on the forum, I don't know what or where the clutch is but shouldn't have a problem with it if it's new. I am not sure where to go from here but really disappointed.
    I'm sorry @Bernie , sounds frustrating. May I ask, how have you confirmed it is not a lubrication problem? Is the X axis level?