A5S heatbed problem

RobertRobert Posts: 33🌟 Super Member 🌟
One of my A5S was having issue with the heatbed, when ever I turn it on the heatbed would display no temp reading and If I try to heat the bed up it would give "temp out of range error".  This would go on for a few minutes then the temp reading would work again, the heatbed  will function normally.  This  will only happen during cold boot, if the printer was already in use or in mid print the error never occure.

I contacted JGAurora tech support,  since the printer is still in warranty they send me a new heatbed.  Upon receiving the new bed I notice something different,   the wire is now soldered to the bed it self, gone is the white plug.  I ask JGAurora why the changes they said it works better.  All of my three A5S the edge of the white plug on the heatbed are all black burned do to the heat issue.  I think  they finally figure out the plug is not a good way to go.  

Now,  to replace the bed you now have to open the print in order to remove the old cable from the heatbed and route the new cable all the way to the mainboard , instead just plug and play like before. 

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,691Administrator
    Gee, that’s a bit of a pain... they moved from a 4 pin to 6 pin connector specifically to avoid the connector overheating. I really wonder why they are still having issues with this. Maybe the connector resistance is still too high, perhaps something gold plated would have been better (e.g XT60) but perhaps more expensive.
  • RobertRobert Posts: 33🌟 Super Member 🌟
    well I think they going to stick with the direct soldering, hopefully that would solved the problem.  Heatbad failing is  not very common, for all these years of 3D printing I only have one heatbed that actually went out not include this one.  My is still working at this time, I am just going to keep using it until it completely die before I have to open the printer and do a major surgery. 
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,691Administrator
    At least you know what to expect! The same can’t be said for most other issues. 😕