a5S fan on even though the display says its off

I have been tweaking to stop some warping issues so I have the fan set to off for the first couple of layers.   I am watching the print and the display confirms the fan speed is set to "0" but the fan is on.   Any suggestions?

Attached is the Code file

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,695Administrator
    Sorry... that's the STL file, not the gcode file.
  • mgrabowmgrabow Posts: 28Member
    edited June 2019
    I suspect that perhaps the LCD does not update the fan speed from the gcode, it probably only shows what was last set by the LCD.
    On line 4452 in the gcode it has M106 S255 (aka fan on full power) - on line 4450 it says this is layer 1. Might want to check those slicer settings.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    https://youtu.be/hZsq4DCX3AQ

you can hear it is running in this...I can feel it when I hold my hands against it..
    I noticed the print head is turning on as soon as I power the printer up......Cura does not seem to be overriding the printer...
    I found this so I guess its good. "The Top Fan is for the E3D style cooling fins above the heater block. These is on all the time to ensure the filament stays cool before going into the heater block, otherwise it will partially melt and jam
    The lower fan should only come on when set in the gcode during a print.
    Hope this helps"  
    edited June 2019
    Sorry yes, the top fan runs all the time for that reason - it is hard wired to the power supply. The bottom fan is the only one that is used for cooling the filament out of the nozzle, and it is the one that is controlled by the motherboard and print settings.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on