JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion

NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!

JGAURORA A5S Deals

[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!

JGCreat settings for Magic?

dburumdburum Posts: 6Member
I just purchased a "Magic," and installed JGCreat on my Windows 10 computer (version 2.5.0).  For some reason, the Magic does not appear in the list of printers that can be installed.  I don't mind installing it as a "custom" printer, but I have no idea what the settings would be.  Can anyone offer a solution, or some info?

Comments

• dburumdburum Posts: 6Member
    Here is the menu that I get - as you can see, "Magic" is not on the list!
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,157Administrator
    Welcome @dburum
    JGCreat is a bit outdated and disappointingly JGAurora have not updated it! I recommend to download the latest version of Cura, which is what JGCreat is ripped from. I've added a basic profile for the JGMaker to Cura.

Note: there is a bug in Cura 4.1, you must set the Z max speed to some value, (suggest 400) otherwise the print will pause intermittently.

• dburumdburum Posts: 6Member
    I wrote to JGAurora support, and they sent me the answer.  The latest version of JGCreat does include the Magic printer settings (JGcreat 2.5.0_20190611).  Strange that it does not ship with the product!  Warning: The first installation menu is in Chinese, but the rest of the menus, and the actual program, are in English.  You can get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g8F-ps7_MGurOnFrNTGOmWUeZhKwXsTD/view.  To switch from an older version, they told me that you have to "clean" the previous settings.  They sent me a batch file for that purpose that contained two lines:

rd /q /s test %HOMEPATH%\APPDATA\Local\cura
    rd /q /s test %HOMEPATH%\APPDATA\Roaming\cura

i did run the batch file, but I have no idea if it was needed or not.   

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches