Small milestone - we passed 300,000 pageviews on the forum today (16th Sept)! 😁 P.S if you are not aware we're running a competition in the facebook group. Head over here to enter, if you haven't already! Ends Sun 22nd Sept!

JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion

NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!

JGAURORA A5S Deals

[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!

Nozzle is scratching on the bed

Hi to the community,
I own a JGAurora A5S since April 2019 and have printed various things, mostly PLA, without any problems with the original firmware.
At the end of July, at the end of a project, I wanted to change the firmware to the Marlin version of Samuel to use bed mesh leveling. After a test print had succeeded, I saw that a new update was available for download at the end of July. With this latest version, I can no longer print, because the Nozzle after the leveling and saving the configuration, the print bed damaged! I use the JG Slicer (a modified version of Cura). The start code entered there reads:

G28; Home
M420 S1
G1 Z15.0 F6000; Move the platform down 15mm
                                                            Prime the extruder
G92 E0
G1 F200 E10
G92 E0

Does anyone know this problem? I am full of hope!
(My native language is german, sorry!)

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,060Administrator
    Frank01x, I'm sorry to hear of your bed being damaged. I will look into this and reply to you soon. Thank you for letting me know of this issue.
  • axellaxell Posts: 1Member
    Hi, 
    I have the same problem. Is there a solution for this issue? 

Many thanks,
    Axel
  • GTA99GTA99 Posts: 2Member
    Same Problem, and this after i replace it with a new heating bed!
    I installed the community Firmware, did the mesh bed leveling and add 
    M420 S1 after G28 gcode command.
    What is wrong with the Firmware and how can i fix it.

edited September 10
    • Did you mesh level the bed with the bed hot?
    • Did you save the configuration after doing the levelling?
    • Are you using the same SD card with the eeprom.dat file (which contains the saved settings) on the card?
    • After mesh levelling, you can enable mesh levelling in the menu, and then manually move the print head around and see how accurate the mesh is
    Thanked by 1GTA99
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • GTA99GTA99 Posts: 2Member
    edited September 10
    • Did you mesh level the bed with the bed hot?
      Yes at 50 Degrees
    • Did you save the configuration after doing the levelling? Y
      es i pushed the "Store Settings button after mesh leveling
      n".
    • Are you using the same SD card with the eeprom.dat file (which contains the saved settings) on the card?
      I only use one SD Card. Same that i use to flash Community Rom. But i will check after print is done.
    • After mesh levelling, you can enable mesh levelling in the menu, and then manually move the print head around and see how accurate the mesh is.
      Didn't try this out. But i will. Thanks :)

I used the baby step function to check the the hight.
    Totaly 0.5625 to deep :(

This is how i modify my Start Gcode
    G28 ;Home
    M420 S1
    M117 Use Mesh
    M290 Z0.5625 ; move up 0.5625mm on the Z axis
    M117 BabyStep 0.5625
    M500
    G1 Z15.0 F1500 ;Move the platform down 15mm
    ;Prime the extruder
    G92 E0
    G1 F200 E10
    G92 E0

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Post edited by GTA99 on
  • gsokkygsokky Posts: 1Member
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, I encountered the same problem. As I was late for abort the print, the scratched area is bigger than @Frank01x's. I plan to buy a bed surface, because first layer does not stick to scratched area properly. I installed the community firmware 3 days ago for trying mesh bed leveling. It did well for 2 days, but then this issue happened. 
    How can I fix this? 
    Thanks
    edited September 10
    Hi @gsokky - I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, the worst damage will be to the nozzle, as the ceramic coating will damage the brass nozzle orifice, so you will probably need to replace the nozzle as well. Some spare parts are linked on the wiki here.

Its confusing to me, I don't understand why it would work fine the first time, and then happen later on. The important thing is to save the settings (SD card in!) after doing the mesh bed level, and to ensure the SD card is in the printer when you turn it on so those settings are properly loaded again when you come to print.

I'm sorry that I don't have more information. You can manually enable mesh levelling in the leveling menu and check that it is moving correctly using the manual move commands, before printing. I suggest doing that to be sure, if you're having any doubts.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or findings on this issue.
    Thanked by 1gsokky
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on