JGAURORA JGMaker Magic Promotion
NEW Budget 3D Printer: JGMaker Magic
The best deal at the moment is from Gearbest, who are running a flash sale for just $179!
Amazon USA also is offering an $30 instant discount coupon on the JGAurora Magic - a great option for those who want it even faster!
JGAURORA A5S Deals
[6th Jun 19] The LATEST JGAurora A5S is already for sale under $400 - use coupon GBA5S11 for a further $15 off!
Print quality is better than A5 out of the box, and it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
Click here to check out this deal!
How to use Mesh Bed Leveling on Custom Firmware
This post is a guide on how to use mesh bed levelling on an A5S or A1 running the custom Marlin 2.0 firmware.
This post is brief, please post questions below if there are any aspects that are unclear.
1. Install custom firmware
2. Edit your slicer start gcode. Ensure there is a line that says "M420 S1". This line should be placed after any G28 (homing) command, as homing typically disables the mesh bed leveling function.
3. Ensure an SD card is inserted in the printer. The settings are saved on the SD card.
4. Preheat the bed to your normal printing temperature. Leave the printer for 15 minutes to fully warm up to temperature.
5. Level the bed manually, using a piece of paper between the nozzle and the bed. The nozzle should be slightly dragging on the paper. Level for all 4 corners. Don't worry about the center, as we will take care of that with the mesh bed leveling.
6. Use the menu to find the mesh bed leveling wizard. It will guide you through storing the mesh leveling height for 25 points across the bed.
7. Check the leveling menu, that Mesh Bed Leveling is Enabled.
8. Use the move axis function to check that the nozzle height is correctly following the mesh across the bed surface.
9. Choose the "Save Configuration" menu option. This will save the settings to the SD card.
10. Restart the printer. The printer should automatically load the settings from the SD card.
11. Check the bed levelling menu: ensure that mesh bed levelling is enabled. If not, enable it.
12. Use the move axis function to check that the nozzle height is still correctly following the mesh across the bed surface.
13. If it all works, then you are ready to try a test print!
Thanked by 1aestrems
Post edited by Samuel Pinches on