Current Firmware Status - Update Dec 1 2019
This is just a short update to inform people of the current status of the firmware for the A5S and A1.
At the moment the builds I have prepared on https://firmware.jgaurorawiki.com are the latest available ready to use.
If you want to build firmware from source my builds were broken by some recent library changes, and will not produce a working build. So don't use my github repo for the moment!
I've updated the full marlin 2.0 vscode build guide here. But in a nutshell, to build your own working firmware at the moment, you can:
- Clone the marlin 2.0 bugfix branch here.
- Copy the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h files from here for your printer, and replace the files in here with those.
- Open the platformio.ini file in the root directory here, and change the default_envs from megaatmega2560 to jgaurora_a5s_a1
- Try compile the build as per the previous instructions here.
- Compiled bin will be in \Documents\GitHub\Marlin\.pio\build\jgaurora_a5s_a1\
- Copy file to SD card, and restart printer to flash.
I've attached compiled builds to this post if you would like to try these builds, using the very latest build of marlin 2.0. They are untested by me but should work - hence "BETA".
Post edited by Samuel Pinches on